Department Menu

 Community Health - Services Community Options Program



What is the Community Options Program?

The Community Options Program is a State and Federal Government Medicaid program. The Oneida Tribe is unique in having this program. It is not an entitlement program, there are specific State and Federal medical and financial requirements to qualify for the program. This program provides an alternative to nursing home or institutional placement for long term care. Possible services may include:

  • Home Health Care
  • Attendant and Respite Care
  • Adult Day Care
  • Life Line
  • Transportation
  • Home Maintenance and Housekeeping
  • Adult Family Care Homes
  • Adaptive Equipment

Who is Eligible?

Enrolled Oneida Tribal Members or members of any Federally recognized Tribe, living on reservation boundaries, who meet the following conditions:

  • Frail Elderly (age 65 or over)
  • Physically Disabled
  • Developmentally Disabled (by State or Federal Definition)
  • Chronically Mentally Ill
  • Chronic Substance Abusers
  • Victim’s of Alzheimer’s or other related diseases

You must also demonstrate a need for ongoing, long term medical, rehabilitative or restorative care. You must be within certain financial eligibility requirements. A nurse and social worker will meet with you for an assessment to determine your eligibility and identify your needs.

What do I do now?
Call and ask for a Community Options Program Assessment. Preliminary information will be taken, to include name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, enrollment number, current medications and diagnosis, etc...

The Community Options Program Social Worker, Carrie Lindsey will contact you to schedule an assessment.

What is the Program Philosophy?
The goal of the Community Options Program is to assist elderly, developmentally disabled, physically disabled, chronically mentally ill, substance abusers and persons with Alzheimer’s or related dementia to remain at home, in the community rather than entering a nursing home or other institution.

Who do you Contact?

Contact Social Worker at 869-4946 or  Administrative Assistant at 869-4888.