Community Foot and Nail Care Clinic
Elderly Service Complex
2945 S Overland Rd
Oneida, WI 54155
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Oneida Community Health Nursing Department
Specially training staff will provide foot and nail care, and education tailored to the individual.
1. Member of a Federally recognized Tribe or Alaska Native Group who is an established patient of the Oneida Community Health Center.
2. Individual must be incapable of properly caring for his/ her own foot & nail care and does not have a support person to provide this care.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Appointment generally takes 30 minutes.
2. Be sure to come with clean feet.
3. Nails will be trimmed and filed down if necessary.
4. Feet will be assessed for sensation and circulation.
5. Education on proper foot care and foot wear will be provided.
6. Brief foot massage will be given with emollient application.
This service provides:
. A personalized assessment of your feet, nails and foot wear
. Medical trimming, education, filing, and light massage
. Education on care for your feet and toenails
. Learn the importance of proper foot wear that's right for you
. How to recognize any changes or sensations in your feet
. Understand the importance of day to day attention to your feet for maintaining effective foot care
Among them are:
. Increased comfort, sense of safety and well being
. Decrease the possibility of additional medical problems
. Reduce the chances of hospitalization because of infection and other complications
. Significantly lower the risk of serious complications which can lead to amputation
. Enter in the main entrance of Elder Services for registration at appointment
. Appointments are limited
. Be sure to:
. Come with clean feet
. Come 15 minutes before scheduled appointment
. Put on the shoes that you wear most often
This service is provided with the collaborative efforts of Oneida Community Health and Oneida Elder Services.