Click to view Specialist Power Point
Enrichment Specialists provide comprehensive academic support to YES eligible youth in targeted public schools surrounding the reservation.
A completed application must be on file in the YES office in order to be eligible for services.
ACADEMIC ASSISTANCE INCLUDES:
• Provide individual skill building in all areas of education including:
critical problem solving skills,
note taking techniques, etc…
• Incorporate Oneida Culture into regular classroom instruction
• One-on-one or small group instruction
• Monitor and improve grade point averages
• Develop personalized education plans
• Daily teacher contact
Provide teachers and schools with resources
Meet with teachers to assist youth in asking for help
Re-teach lessons using a variety of Methodologies,
including those used in the classroom that reinforce
the classroom teacher’s content
• Provide guidance for career development
• Continuous service, no end date
• Access to school databases to track homework, attendance, etc...
• Conduct individualized assessments by reviewing report cards, MAP and WKCE scores.
• Proctor necessary assessments including WKCE assessments.
• Provide home work help.
Determining which work needs to be completed,
Supervising youth while they are doing their homework,
Provide some assistance (depending on the skill set of the provider),
Checking to see that homework is complete, and
Signs off on the completed work
(if the teacher will accept a non-parent/guardian signature).
ALL SPECIALISTS CAN BE CONTACTED THROUGH THE YES OFFICE:
AT THEIR INDIVIDUAL SCHOOL
GREEN BAY SPECIALISTS
WEST DEPERE SPECIALISTS