1. Age 18 on or before September 1
2. Completed, Notarized Minors' Trust Payment Form
3. Proof of High School Diploma, a High School Equivalency Diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma.
Payment Form must be submitted by: July 1, 2013
Proof of Graduation must be submitted by: September 3, 2013
Rather than receiving 100% of the trust fund, you may choose to receive a portion of your fund. To defer means to leave all or a portion of your trust fund invested with the Trust. There are several advantages to deferring one’s trust fund:
- Your tax obligation is deferred, because you do not pay taxes until you receive the funds.
- You can take out a portion this year. This is called a partial distribution.
- You can save the funds where we will make every attempt to protect and preserve them.
Deferring your trust funds has some flexibility. For ages 18-20, the deferral is for one year periods only. So each year you will have to decide if you want some or the rest of your remaining funds. Once you are age 21, the deferral options are in three year intervals. If you are 21 and you decide to defer your trust fund, the next opportunity to withdraw your trust funds will be at age 24. Once you turn age 30, you are no longer eligible to defer your trust funds and must withdraw the funds.
Deadline to apply for deferrals for FY-2013 is July 1, 2013.
If you have questions on the deferral process, please contact the Trust Department at (920) 490-3935 or by email.
Minor Trust Accounts are established for enrolled Tribal Members under the age of 18 who receive payments in accordance with the Per Capita Ordiance.
After a Minor Trust Account is established, statements are mailed quarterly to the address on record for the minor. The Pathfinder newsletter is also mailed with the statements.
It is the Responsibility of the parent or guardian to keep enrolled minor children's address and other information current with the Oneida Enrollment Department.
When an account is eligible to be claimed, a payment form is automatically generated and mailed to the address on record with the Enrollment Department.
LINKS: Per Capita Information Per Capita Law Minor's Trust Forms