Immediately. Any accident must be reported when it results in:

·        Injury or death of a person

·        $1,000 or more total damage to property owned by any one person

·        Damages of $200 or more to government property (except motor vehicles)

Call the police immediately. They will report it for you. If they cannot file the report, you will need to.

To file an accident report, complete a Wisconsin Driver Report of Accident form MV4002 and mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)

Traffic Accident Section

P.O. Box 7919

Madison, WI 53707-7919

An accident entry will be put on the record of each driver shown on the accident report. Accident entries remain on the driver record for 4 years from the date of the accident.